Oct 7 – 8, 2017
Please come and support us for this great Demo
Hosted by the Shire of Sylvan Glen
This Festival is FREE
This demo will occur during the Berkeley Springs Apple Butter Festival. Last year over 40,000 people attended this festival! This is a fabulous opportunity for the SCA to be seen and experienced by many NEW people. It is a two-day festival – come to one or both days.
Overview: – a more detailed schedule will be posted as folks sign up…
Saturday, Oct 7 – Starts at 9:00 AM, closes at 5 PM (although there are still a lot of eventing things going on)
9:00 AM – the festival kicks off with a short parade. Bring your banners and wear your best garb!
10:30 AM – the actual festival starts, and it closes up at 5 PM
Sunday, Oct 8. the festival starts at noon and closes at 5 PM
For our demo we need fighters (no thrown weapons or archery, unfortunately) for both days, as well as anyone who can bring and/or demonstrate the Arts we all do in the SCA. Bring banners and chairs. Tables will be provided.
There will be someone on the site all night to ensure any equipment left there is safe.
These are the things we need:
1 – Fighters to put on demos throughout the day, both Saturday and Sunday
2 – A&S demonstrations – bring your projects for display, as well as demonstrate your skills – both Saturday and Sunday.
3. Water and coolers of ice to keep our fighters (and everyone else) hydrated.
4. Snacks, so we don’t die of starvation (FYI – there will be plenty of food available at the festival – for a price)
5. Day shades and pop-ups
6. Any SCA literature you may wish to hand out about the SCA or your specific group, (people come to this festival from 100’s of miles and all tri-state area groups will find this demo helpful) – make sure it includes the new – disclaimer that is required by SCA Corp That info can be found here.
Bring your own chairs, we will have tables available
To register for this event: (you don’t have to register, but it will help us immensely of you do)
Send an email to the autocrat and let her know:
- What you will be doing (fighting, A&S demonstration – what type, etc.)
- What day(s) you can attend
- What food or drinks you are bring, if any
- If you are bringing a day shade, what type and how large
- If you need any particular equipment or space etc.
- Anything else that you think is important
Please contact Lord Jacquesn if you have any martial questions: Chatelaine
Please contact Lady Umm Samin bint Asad al-Isfahaniyya if you have any A&S related questions: autocrat
Oh, did I mention – there is a best beard contest on Saturday – you don’t want to miss that!
To see what the festival is all about, check this site out: http://berkeleysprings.com/festivals/apple-butter-festival/
The site is the “Ice House” courtyard, just behind the library. There is a parking area you can use to drop off and pick up equipment. Ample parking is at the northern end of town (clearly marked) and a shuttle will bring you back to the Ice House.
138 Independence Street
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
Berkeley Springs is just 7 miles south of the junction of highways 70 and 522 in Hancock, MD, on 522.
Map and directions to Berkeley Springs is here
Once you are in town, the location is the courtyard in the back of the “Ice House” marked with a red star